“I believe all art is an expression of The Divine. We need only tap into that Universal Energy of Oneness and co-create the beauty that already is.” - Dakeno Mark Dakeno Mark is a Melbourne based visionary artist and poet. Born in Cape Town, South Africa, Dakeno has called Australia home since 1983. He works in watercolour, pastel, charcoal and graphite primarily. Subject matter includes the nude, portraiture, visionary art, the realm of imagination, still life, design, and other works inspired by nature and design.
Dakeno’s work is often bold, dynamic and rich in colour. In contrast, it can be subtle and soft with a strong sense of feeling and emotion. He is a keen innovative artist and believer in the right brain drawing method; by intuition and imagination through feeling.
In his early twenties Dakeno engaged in an intensive course of study under renowned Melbourne artist Peter Foster at his School of Creative Drawing in Camberwell, Melbourne. His quest was to apprentice himself with the best teacher to master the principles of drawing with a focus on the human form and portraiture and other important areas such as composition, colour, tone, visual perception and the right brain drawing method. Dakeno was also trained as a teacher and taught adult life drawing and beginners drawing classes at the school.
He currently exhibits in group and solo exhibitions in Melbourne.
- Camberwell Rotary Art Show - ATC Building, Swinburne University, 427-451 Burwood Hawthorn, 2015
- Transmissions- Group Show, Willow Bar, Melbourne, 2013, Curator: Dakeno Mark
- Roads to Elysium -, solo show, Ladyhawke Cafe, Mount Dandenong, 2012
- Vision of Light - Group Show Temple of Illumination, East Ringwood, Melbourne, 2010, Curator: Dakeno Mark
- An oracle card deck with works of angels and saints
- A graphic novel/comic
- An illustrated poetry volume
- Solo exhibitions
- T-Shirt designs
- Teaching life drawing
Photos taken by Vanessa Allan